HERE'S HOW TO DONATE to SiRCHESI’s CAMBODIA HIV/AIDS research-guided prevention program:
- FOR CANADIANS (or US DONORS NOT REQUIRING AN IRS TAX RECEIPT):
- A) MASTERCARD or VISA: Go straight to page at University of Guelph, where you’ll now find the charitable donations program renamed :THE BETTER PLANET Program (whose charity registration number is still 10816 1829 RR 0001.) They process all donations for our Cambodia project and issue Tax Receipts for Canada (see below for USA).
- Press Donate now -- Select One-time gift.
- CHECK THE SMALL BOX: I PREFER TO SUPPORT AN AREA NOT LISTED ABOVE: A small box will appear indicating : MY PREFERRED FUND:
- PLEASE write in : CAMBODIAN HIV/AIDS Project (and add any special information regarding the donation, such as dedications, in memorium, etc.)
- Fill in the Amount of your gift (in Canadian Dollars).
- Fill in return mailing address; a charitable donation receipt (CANADA REVENUE AGENCY) is sent there in February or to your email address as a pdf -file receipt.
- Your credit card donation, in Canadian dollars, will then be recorded by the secure system and a printable email receipt will follow from the UNIVERSITY of GUELPH, almost instantly.
FOR CANADIAN DONORS wishing to use a CHEQUE:
- B) By CHEQUE: Please make out to: "University of Guelph" with the notation HIV/AIDS Charitable Donation /Cambodia added in the bottom left corner of the cheque, and send to Paul Hossie, Manager, Financial Services, Alumni Affairs & Development, University of Guelph,Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, CANADA. Include address and email for receipt.
FOR U.S. DONORS REQUIRING AN IRS TAX RECEIPT, please send a cheque or money order in US dollars, made out to:
- FRIENDS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH. with the notation HIV/AIDS Charitable Donation /Cambodia added in the bottom left corner. Send to Paul Hossie, Manager, Financial Services, Alumni Affairs & Development, University of Guelph,Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, CANADA. Include contact information and email for receipts sent in February. For additional donation information or help, please contact: Paul Hossie, email@example.com, Tel: 519-824-4120 ext. 53605, Fax: 519-822-2670
WHEN YOU HAVE MADE YOUR DONATION, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and amount, and I can verify that the donation is being directed to our project.THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!. Ian
SOME EXAMPLES OF WHAT YOUR GIFTS CAN CONCRETELY DO?
- $25 provides 5 workplace health and safety interventions (with breathalyzer testing) for women workers in dangerous situations
- $50 permits 10 persons at risk to attend a SiRCHESI health workshop on reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, alcohol overuse, and workers' rights
- $100 provides for one of our 21 peer-educator outreach workers to reach, in 4 months, 140 rural women and men with health promotion information about reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, etc.
- $140 pays the monthly salary of 1 of our 5 SiRCHESI staff members
- $200 provides a complete workshop for 70 young souvenir vendors at Angkor Wat against risks of sexual predators, HIV/AIDS and child-trafficking;
- $250 pays for 250 social-behavioural monitoring interviews with high-risk persons visiting the local HIV/AIDS testing health center,
- $2100 pays all salaries and expenses for SiRCHESI for one month's health promotion activities
For information on the ongoing HIV/AIDS intervention/research projects in Cambodia visit ww.angkorwatngo.com or www.siemreapngo.com and click on research reports. For specific information about the plight of "beer promotion women" visit www.beergirls.org.